Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, August 26, 2011

This was a post I started a couple of weeks ago but didn't finish...things are quite challenging around here right now...more about that later....

The weekend we spent in Boone, NC was filled with new adventures for Hannah.
We left our hometown and its 100+ degree weather and headed for the hills...where we were greeted with avg. temps of 75 and cool breezes..it was beautiful.

God woke me in time to witness His beauty on Saturday morning and it was gorgeous....

And I just love getting away with the family when they are a captive audience  ;)

We rode the zip lines that crisscrossed Hawksnest Mountain...

                                      Fearless was her fearless self...



                                           Madeline loved it...


                                  Is that a muscle???  I don't think so...I think the photographer Photo-Shopped it...


                            "Who's Bad"  (Hannah's nickname for Sarah) is just hangin'...
                                    And Paul is bringing up the rear...

We also spent some time at Tweetsie Raiload...much to the dismay of our oldest daughters.




It's a cute but cheezy little amusement park with a real steam engine that was actually used during the Civil war...I think it was the Civil one...anyway, we had fun.

Then we were off to Miracle  _____________ (I always want to say Miracle Hill, but that is the name of the homeless shelter here in town and they are not the same place). Any way the most fun part was going into a room that is built with the floor at an odd angle that when you stand up in the way that the fluid in your ears says is "level" or normal, you look like you are standing at a 45 + - degree angle. I can ride all roller coasters, but this room makes me feel very pregnant. Ladies, you know what I mean, dizzy, nauseous (sp?) and kind of green, I didn't stay in as long as everyone else.

                         

                             This is Sarah in the out-house with some old man.






And some people have accused me of trying to keep my children in a bubble...




                           It doesn't work...

And this is just some lady with duct tape on her hat... ;)

TTFN

(Ta-Ta-For-Now)

No comments:

Post a Comment