Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 24, 2011

The Giver

This journey of adoption and now of living out the plan that God has for this new era of our family has been filled with so much. 

So much:

1. Anticipation -

 Then - What will she look like? What will she be like? Will she like us? Will she like her new life? Will she miss her old one? 

Now - What is the best way to parent her? How do we best help her to grow into the person God has called her to be? what will she be when she grows up?

2. Love

We loved her before we even knew her. It's just like God's adoption plan for us. He chose us not because we were good enough or pretty enough or talented enough, but because He is a gracious God who has so much love that He wants to share it with His children.

3. Prayer

The road has not always been easy, it has been full of bumps and challenges. But the times when we struggle the most are the times when I rely on the source from which all blessings flow. If things were always perfect and exactly the way I wanted them to be, would I pray so earnestly or as often? I have found myself face to face with the reality that I am totally inadequate for this job and I am not strong enough to do all that is required of me. It's at those times when God whispers, "It's not about you, Sissy, it's about me. Because of your weakness, my strength can prevail." So as I lean on Him and look at this life through His eyes I am astounded at what I see in a little girl who spent the first 12 years of her life in a Chinese orphanage.


You would think that she would be selfish and want to hoard everything that she can get her hands on...quite the contrary...she is a giver. Her most happy fulfilling moments are those spent making, wrapping and giving gifts to the ones she loves. She freely gives her energy, her time and her talent to help anyone who needs it. She spent hours making bracelets, paper boxes, pictures and greeting cards for me for my birthday. she is now in the process of doing the same thing for her teacher at school. She loves school and always works hard and tries to do her best...which is tough since she doesn't speak English yet.

She is compassionate. 
She makes sure the dog's bowl is always full (even though it's not supposed to be, hence one dog getting overweight). She makes sure the cat has enough food and water. She fills bird feeders. She cried when she accidentally clicked on a video on YouTube of young children with cancer. 

She is always there with a hug if I'm feeling down...and her hugs aren't quite as crushing as before  ;)

She is full of joy and gratitude. Always saying Thank you and I like it and I love you!
She loves her sisters dearly and the bond between them grows stronger day by day.

Our family is now complete...

The big picture is that she's doing great! I can't believe how much progress she has made in 3 short months and I can't wait to see the person she grows up to be.

I love you my little Hannah Banana!




No comments:

Post a Comment