Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 8, 2012


Prayer for Today

Dear Lord, 
 I pray that I will learn about you in such a way that you will teach me to seek, 
find and focus on the gentleness that you have placed inside of Hannah. 
I pray into her the opposite of what I see in her personality. 
Help me to understand her heart. 



Lord I know that you are "bringing forth beauty, refinement and gentleness.
 Under our roof is a greenhouse," where you take dirt, water and the light of your Son and you bring forth beautiful life from a seed that had fallen to the ground and had the appearance of being dead. "Dirt giving birth to life. New shoots are everywhere and soon it will be spring." 



Please help me to declare her beauty even when she's not around, because I know that what I say in private becomes easier to believe in her presence. Help me to see her beauty and know her beauty. I want to see her like Jesus sees her.

And the power of life and death lies in the tongue. Proverbs 18:21



I believe that so much of what I "feel is in direct opposition to what your word says is true...It's likely she lives covered under a blanket of shame - she's been telling herself or hearing others remind her of what a problem she is. [I] get to be Jesus' eyes and search below the dirt for early signs of growth." I know that these days cannot be her days to grow if they are not first my days to grow. And I already see ways in which you are molding her. She is a beautiful, compassionate, giving person. Lord, she is trying to love you as best as she knows how. Your word says that we should let the little children come to you, not to hinder them.  She loves to listen as I read your word. She's trying to understand, Lord, and I know that she will be forever blessed for the child-like faith that she has.



May I remember that "these are not [my] worst days, these days are fodder for a work that will leave [me] forever changed."

Perspective is everything.



No comments:

Post a Comment